Sunday, October 30, 2022

Biking Websites

 I enjoy mountain biking, especially off-road mountain biking.  Over the years I have found some handy websites for mountain biking.

First of all I use a Garmin smartwatch to track my rides.  I had a Vivoactive 3 first, then upgraded to a fenix 6X Pro Solar.  I use Garmin Connect and Garmin Explore website the most since they have the most detail for a Garmin user.  Since my rides take me outside of cellular coverage, I also have a Garmin InReach Messenger to track and stay connected.  Garmin has done a fantastic job with these devices.

Here are some other website I discovered and use:

  • Strava.  This is a social biking website.  It sync's with Garmin well so my rides tracked with Garmin Connect also post to Strava.
  • Trailforks.  This site is a place to find and share routes.  
  • PinBike.  This includes classified ads for bike stuff.